I recently saw the movie "How to Train Your Dragon." It was amazing and I'd highly recommend anyone going to see it. The animation is beautiful, the story is good and the dragons are awesome! Do you have a dragon? Because I want a dragon. I'll do anything for a dragon. Dragons are fan-freakin-tastic. Can haz dragon pleeeease??? Ahem, anyways, this movie starts off by talking about the "pests" that are the dragons who attack their village.. then after the story, Hiccup, the main boy, ends the movie by saying "the best thing about this village is the pets." Good play on words and good tie-in to the beginning- overall, just plain good (also, I thought this was cool! "Pest" and "pets" have the same letters... anyone else catch this?). This post has absolutely nothing to do with the movie, but I loved it so much I had to mention it. Maybe I'll incorporate some elusive connection somewhere... hmmm. Okay, moving on... so when we were little, my sister and I got into fights quite often (surprise!). I remember the day my sister discovered the perfect way to exact revenge upon me after I did something exceptionally mean to her. She realized that by throwing one of my precious paperback books across the room, I would be devastated. At that time of my life, there were few things worse than my book covers or pages getting bent. You can imagine my distraught look of suppressed fuming anger and aggravation when I would go to pick up the thrown literary magnificence. I would pick it up, gently fold it back into shape, then place heavy books or something to that effect on top of it to try and restore it's original beauty. Needless to say, I would not be happy with my sister for a few days after that..
By the way, have I mentioned to you how sick and awesome dragons are?!!? I mean, LOOK at them! So freaking cool! Oh and now that I think of it, this is something I do not understand. How did "sick" being "infected with disease" become a term to describe something of awesome value?? It makes no sense to me. "Dude, did you see that infected with disease wave I rode, bro? It was incredible dude, man, bro!" Yeah.. um.. no. And while we are on the subject, how about gay meaning "homosexual" or "having a merry/lively mood"? This is another term I fail to understand with how it is used today. "Gosh, my computer's acting so homosexual and/or merry today! It won't let me upload this file" Oh ok. I see (not really).
Ok back on subject ( I get distracted oft.. did someone say dragons?! *looks around* Crap. False alarm...). Anyways, books. My books continue to be precious to me to this day, quite obviously as I've been an English major for the past 3 years and have had to literally swim in book after book after book. And while I still attempt to take very good care of the ones I own, I admit the occasional bent cover is not QUITE as bothersome to me as it was before. I mean, as long as it's small. And not intentional. And not one of my Harry Potter books. Ahem. But yes, I guess I've grown a little accustomed to the "used book " look. You could almost say it's like in "How to Train Your Dragon" (HAHA! I DID IT!!!) when the dragons they originally hated become the best parts of their village. Except not quite that drastic (ok so it almost worked).. I won't explode when I see it anymore, but I'm not asking for bent covers, that's for sure.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzjicpVSQD1qb1o5zo1_500.jpg
ReplyDeleteokay....this is officially my favorite post of yours so far. I laughed so hard, I cried.
ReplyDeleteOh, and thanks for mentioning me in this without my permission.;)